Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Deign to Signify

I don't pretend that I know what I am doing anymore
It is clear that what I do is far from anything
that imitates
intention and precision
I don't deign
I don't even signify
Not anymore
Definitions of me
no longer fit
And not necessarily
because
I've outgrown them
necessarily
because I've taken on a new shape
as yet to be spoken
There I am
tired of the old
looking at the new
in my hands
with an inability
to deign
what to do with it
and I don't signify
not anymore
Waving my hands
hands on my hips
cutting my eyes
those actions don't fit me
speaking with the properest of tongues
annunciating
gracefully laying my hands in my lap
bore me
they are not me
Sitting
vacantly
waiting
seems to be
what I do best
I don't deign
Don't even signify
I ain't got time.

No comments: